Posted: May 1, 2015
Primary responsibilities include providing support to the A.S. Ticket Office, Theater & Dance Ticket Office & the A.S. Bike Shop. Ensuring sales of readers, event tickets, theme parks tickets and movies tickets are efficient and accurate. Ensuring correct bike parts and mechanic services are being sold correctly in the POS system. Verify individual daily change fund at the start of each shift. Properly record sales on the Sales Summary Report and verify sales with an office manager and end of shift. Accurately accept and record OSL deposits. Distribution of Honoraria, CFF Grant, payroll, student loan, childcare grant and reimbursement checks. Process quarterly bus sticker requests using the UCSB STAR website. Work as ticket sellers/scanners for campus events on nights and weekends. Each cashier is responsible for an equal share of events. Be knowledgeable of, and comply with University rules, policies and regulations applicable to the performance of this position.
- * Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
* Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards or automatic debits.
* Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
* Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
* Identify prices of goods, services or admission and tabulate sales using POS and ticketing system.
* Resolve customer complaints.
* Arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.
* Attention to detail at bike shop in regards to specific bike parts and bike shop mechanic operations.
* Interact with online scheduling system, When To Work, to request time off, shift trades and find weekly student staff schedule.
* Answer customer’s questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
* Accept OSL Deposits from customers.
* Calculate total payments received during a shift and reconcile this with Sales Summary Report.
* Process phone orders and set aside tickets to fill order.
* Be knowledgeable of the various ticketing plans offered by Intercollegiate Athletics, as well as G Kids, the Gaucho Fund, parking information, season tickets and other department marketing initiatives.
*Scan tickets at events providing excellent customer service to campus patrons.
*Understand student loan & CFF grant application process.
*Be knowledgeable of ticket types, packages/plans and marketing initiatives for Music & Theater & Dance departments.
Hours Per Week: 8-20
Location: Associated Students Ticket Office