KCSB Business Coordinator
Posted: May 19, 2015
The KCSB Business Coordinator provides support to the Development Coordinator in all fundraising activity, which includes assisting in the year-round preparations leading up to and following the annual fund drive. With Development Coordinator, the business coordinator forms and meets regularly with a fund-drive subcommittee, develops the plan for outreach to local businesses, schedules meetings, and trains members in solicitation and outreach. Other tasks include scheduling and conducting pitch/phone bank trainings and tracking attendance; ensuring that the phone bank is staffed at all times during the fund drive; soliciting gifts from local businesses; entering data; and maintaining inventory databases; tracking and processing pledges.
Under the supervision of the Development Coordinator, tracks past business donors and updates database with new donors; prepares fund drive office materials; tracks and prepares deposits of donations; prepares reports for the KCSB staff and AS Assistant Director for Finance and Budgets that detail all funds, gifts, and sources; prepares ongoing assessments of all fundraising, including percent of pledges collected, premiums disbursed, and acknowledgement to all funders; updates manual for the fund drive; prepares premiums to be mailed; updates database to indicate status of pledges; and prepares quarterly bulk mailings.
Please answer the following questions in detail on a separate sheet of paper. Only typewritten responses attached to this application will be considered.
- Please detail any and all relevant experience, inside and outside of KCSB/KJUC. Please provide evidence of any experience, if applicable.
- What is your impression of the Publications Coordinator position? Have you spoken with the current Publications Coordinator about this position? If so, what have you learned?
- What kinds of other skills (i.e. technical, organizational, time management, personnel, etc.) do you have that you feel would help you in this position?
- What is your impression of KCSB, including its values, mission, and significance? Be sure to address every aspect of the station.
- Why do you want to be Publications Coordinator?
- What are some of your goals and objectives for this position, KCSB, and its print presence?
- What level of time commitment are you willing to devote to the carrying out of your goals and objectives?
- Is there any additional information you feel is relevant?
Member of the Associated Students UCSB during entire term of office. Must have at lease a 2.0 cumulative GPA at application time. Must be legally trained on the station equipment and logs and have passed the FM competency test prior to term of office.
Should have an understanding of the station, its operations, its policies, and its bylaws. Strong leadership skills, ability to prioritize tasks, complete projects on time, and meet deadlines strongly recommended.
Any questions should be directed to either Kenny Oravetz or Marta Ulvaeus. Please observe all deadlines.
Hours Per Week: up to 18
Location: KCSB in Storke Communications Building