Desktop Support Student Assistant
Posted: May 26, 2016
Helps with general tasks and procedures of the Associated Students IT department which is primarily composed of Macintosh desktop computer systems.
- Picks up damaged/outdated hardware from users
- Delivers fixed/new hardware to users
- Helps troubleshoot frequent minor issues
- Helps troubleshoot common printer/copier/scanning issues with printers and printer jam
- Quick troubleshooting (wifi and power problems) of remotely located systems.
- Dismantles and troubleshoots hardware when necessary (locates the proper tools, etc.,)
- Maintains public computer systems with proper hygiene & dust-free to extend hardware longevity & functionality
- Helps organize office, tools and equipment
- Other miscellaneous tasks
(*Please note, this position has remote locations such as the Recycling Office, the Media Center located in the Annex, the Pardall Center located in Isla Vista and KCSB.)
Strong preference for a student who is around this Summer to start the job and receive training.
Hours Per Week: 10-16